At Kenshaw, we understand that consistent power supply and generation is critical for our client’s business’s. We provide reliable specialist services in the areas of electric motors and generators. Our capabilities and experience include the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, repair, testing and service (whether routine or emergency) of business-critical power generation and electric motor products including a fully fitted workshop with skilled mechanical and electrical staff
An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified Electrician, within an established business of 25 years, predominantly within the industrial and commercial sector. Originally established in Newcastle, we have recently opened a branch in Canberra where our core focus is business-critical power generation. The role is a hybrid managerial and hands-on position where you will be appointed a team to deliver unique and unmatched customer service within a dynamic and technical space.
- Immediate Start
- Full Time Position
- Potential Shift Work
- Overtime available – remunerated per our EA.
This position would suit self-motivated person, who demonstrates a strong work ethic and is also capable of carrying out mechanical/electrical service work. At times, there will be a requirement to work away or on call, including shift work, weekends and working outside of normal hours. You will be remunerated accordingly for this extra work under our Enterprise Agreement. Your duties would include
- Installation, Commissioning & Servicing of Generators
- Comprehensive Preventative Maintenance
- Astute and wide-ranging fault identification and remediation
- Supervise, lead, train and maintain a high standard of workmanship whilst safeguarding our excellent safety culture
- Be the “right hand man” to our Branch Manager
The Kenshaw Advantage
You’ll join an enthusiastic and supportive team, whom pride themselves on working collaboratively, to complete all contracted projects on time and to a high standard. There is excellent opportunity for career growth within this team.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years post electrical apprenticeship experience.
- Must have current NSW or ACT Electrical Supervisors licence.
- Have advanced diagnostic skills and hands on experience with the repair, service, fault finding and maintenance of electrical machinery.
- Valid driving licence
- EWP Licence (desirable).
- Minimum of a NV1 Clearance (desirable)
- White Card
- Provide feedback to Branch Manager on team performance and work and project timelines.
- Liaise with clients and customers.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs.
- Previous experience in commercial and industrial power generation. (desirable)
- Working at Heights and Confined Space Certificates (desirable).
- Have experience in successfully leading small teams
- Commitment to compliance, including health and safety measures of both the Company and customers, including undertaking additional training when required.
- Have an outstanding commitment to safety, work autonomously and in a group and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to product performance
- Good presentation and effective organization, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritize busy work schedules and employee resources
- Pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, as well as relevant police and employment background checks shall be conducted. Expenses paid by the company.
- Excellent Salary
- Fully Maintained Company Vehicle provided
- Uniforms and safety equipment provided
- Funded courses and training opportunities provided
- Employment security
- Employee Assistance Program
Excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company EA.
At Kenshaw Electrical, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are a committed Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, as well as relevant police and employment background checks shall be conducted. Expenses paid by the company.
This role would suit someone who is interested in the Electrical Industry and is self-motivated leader and a strong team player. If this position appeals to you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org