Quality & Safety
OHSE practices are core to everything we do at Kenshaw
ISO9001 Accredited 2013. We have established a rigorous quality management system and as a result, in 2013 were given ISO9001 accreditation. In addition to this we have a detailed WHSE system based on industry and best practice requirements.
Policies & Systems in place:
- Consultation Statement Policy
- Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Fatigue Management Policy
- Quality Policy
- Return to Work Policy
- Smoke Free Workplace Policy
- Training & Development Policy
- Visitor Management Policy Statement
- Work Place Health & Safety Policy
Kenshaw is committed to quality management and safety to ensure the well being, health and safety of our personnel and valued clients. We also believe that impeccable safety is a good indicator of the quality of a business as well as the attitude of its staff. As such, Work, Health, Safety and Environment (WHSE) practices are always considered in our decision-making process, business practices and daily activities.
To achieve this aim, we have established a rigorous quality management system and as a result, in 2013 were given ISO9001 accreditation. In addition to this we have a detailed WHSE system based on industry and best practice requirements.
Committed to a safe workplace as well as continuous improvement:
- Complying with all legal requirements and regulations, standards and codes of practice applicable to our operations
- Applying and continually improving our health & safety management systems
- Identifying, registering, assessing and controlling hazards with a systematic approach
- Developing objectives and programs to achieve them
- Informing, training and maintaining the competencies of our employees
- Providing and maintaining safe systems of work, to ensure workspaces are kept in safe, healthy and tidy conditions
- Consulting and engaging our employees and contractors to promote leadership and teamwork
- Conducting internal and external audits of the operations, policies and safety management systems, and developing corrective actions for any gaps identified
Kenshaw's management is accountable for the implementation and review of this policy and its commitments. We make safety a core condition of employment and unsafe behaviours are not tolerated.
Safety First to Last, No Compromise – Our Safety Values
These values are core to Kenshaw; they are not negotiable and underpin our daily work life. Everyone at Kenshaw Electrical is committed to adhering to these values for not only themselves and colleagues, but also to any other sub-contractor we may use or anyone that comes onto one of our worksites.
Never attend work under the influence of drugs, alcohol or fatigue.
I will never place myself or others under a suspended load.
I will not work on live electrical circuits unless authorised and trained.
I will always isolate and verify wherever the chance of energy release is possible.
I will exercise care whenever working with my hands
I will not work above 1.8m without fall arrest equipment.
I will find a solution that prevents injury.
I will always obey all road and site specific rules when operating motor vehicles, plant and equipment.
I will assess the risks and hazards before starting any job to ensure adequate controls are put in place to prevent injury and /or negative impacts to the environment.
I will report any safety and / or environmental incident via the correct channels and ensure that it is followed through to completion.